What are the power requirements for the AlarmAgent RTU?
- The RTU shall operate on 12 to 24 VDC power input.
- With 12 VDC input, current shall be 1-ampere peak 200 ma average.
- With 24 VDC input, current shall be 0.5-ampere peak, 100 ma average.
- Surge protection shall be 1,500 watts peak. The fuse shall reset automatically.
The RTU shall be operable in a reduced solar power mode. Average current in this mode shall be 60 ma or less. The RTU shall not power down in the solar power mode, allowing it to be contacted by the web site at all times.
- The RTU shall incorporate a sealed lead-acid backup battery contained within the enclosure.
- The battery shall be automatically charged, providing 24 hours nominal backup time.
- All enclosure options shall accommodate the battery internally.
- Upon power failure, the battery shall maintain RTU operation continuously until it reaches a fixed discharge level or until power is restored.
- The RTU shall not power down during power failure, allowing it to be contacted via the web site at any time, even during power failures.