Can you explain the behavior of the AlarmAgent radio connection LEDs?
- XMIT LED
- Signal Strength Indicator
Transmitting (Good Signal Strength) : AlarmAgent is transmitting properly.
- To initiate immediate communication, disarm, then re-arm, or cycle power.
- Note: re-arming the unit may re-initiate an alarm notification if an alarm condition currently exists.
- Unit will not communicate until signal strength is at least 4 bars.Verify antenna is properly connected.
- Test signal strength by moving the unit around the area, outside of the building, etc.
- May need stonger antenna.
Not Currently Transmitting (Good Signal Strength) : AlarmAgent is not in session. AlarmAgent is not currently transmitting. Unit is not registering with the cell tower.
- In this situation, please leave the unit powered ON and contact RACO so we can work with our service provider to find a solution to the registration issue.
- Please have location information, time of attempted communications.
Not Currently Transmitting (No Signal Strength)
- AlarmAgent is not in session. AlarmAgent is not currently transmitting. Unit is not registering with the cell tower.
- In this situation, try cycling power. If LEDs remain OFF, then create an RMA ticket by going to www.racorma.com