WELCOME TO RACO MANUFACTURING & ENGINEERING CO., INC. WEB SITE!
We've designed our web site to be useful, informative, and fun. We hope we've succeeded and hope you'll let us know how we can make it better.
All we ask in return is that you abide by the Terms and Conditions that follow. Please read them carefully, because when you use our site, you automatically agree to them.
THANKS FOR VISITING!
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS IN OUR SITE.
- You agree not to re-use material from www.racoman.com or from any other World Wide Web site operated by RACO Manufacturing & Engineering Co., Inc. In particular, you agree not to copy, distribute, republish, upload, post, or transmit anything unless you get our written consent first.
- Everything you download the software, plus all files, all images incorporated in or generated by the software, and all data accompanying it is considered licensed to you by RACO Manufacturing & Engineering Co., Inc.
That means that we retain full and complete title to the software and to all of the associated intellectual-property rights. So you're not allowed to redistribute or sell the material or to reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert it to any other form that people can use.
IF YOU SUBMIT MATERIAL TO US. . .
- All remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information that you communicate to RACO Manufacturing & Engineering Co., Inc. through this site become and remain our property, even if this agreement is later terminated.
This means that:
We don't have to treat any such submission as confidential.
You can't sue us for using the ideas you submit (including, but not limited to, product or advertising ideas).
If we use them or anything like them we don't have to pay you or anyone else for them.
We will have exclusive ownership of all present and future rights to submissions of every kind. We can use them for any purpose, without compensating you or anyone else for them.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any submissions you make in other words, you acknowledge that you (and not we) have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
It's very important for you to read the next two sections carefully so important, in fact, that the law actually requires us to put this material in capital letters.
RACO MANUFACTURING & ENGINEERING CO., INC. WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY THAT ACCOMPANY OR RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF ITS SITES.
THESE INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO) DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY:
- USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE SITES,
- USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) ANY SITE TO WHICH YOU HYPERLINK FROM OUR SITES;
- FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE,
- DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION,
- COMPUTER VIRUS, OR
- LINE FAILURE.
KEEP IN MIND THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING:
- DAMAGES INTENDED TO COMPENSATE SOMEONE DIRECTLY FOR A LOSS OR INJURY,
- DAMAGES REASONABLY EXPECT4ED TO RESULT FROM A LOSS OR IMJURY (LEGALLY, "CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES"), OR
- OTHER MISCELLANEOUS DAMAGES AND EXPENSES RESULTING DIRECTLY FROM A LOSS OR INJURY (LEGALLY, 'INCIDENTAL DAMAGES").
FURTHERMORE, WE ARE NOT LIABLE EVEN IF WE'VE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR IF OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBLITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR BOTH.
- EXCEPTION: IN CERTAIN STATES THE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW US TO LIMIT OR EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR THESE "INCIDENTAL" OR "CONSEQUENTIAL" DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY, AND YOU MAY INDEED HAVE THE RIGHT TO RECOVER THESE TYPES OF DAMAGES. IN ANY EVENT, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, INJURIES, AND CLAIMS OF EVERY KIND (WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED UNDER THE TERMS OF A CONTRACT, OR THERE'RE CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER WRONGFUL CONDUCT, OR THEY'RE CLAIMED UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY) WILL NOT BE GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO ACCESS OUR SITES.
THE MATERIALS IN OUR SITE ARE PROVIDED AS IS. THIS MEANS THAT (SUBJECT TO EXCEPTION BELOW) RACO MANUFACTURING & ENGINEERING CO., INC. DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ABOUT THE MATERIAL IN THE SITE.
THIS INCLUDES (BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO) WARRANTIES:
- THAT THE MATERIAL IS OF ANY PARTICULAR LEVEL OR QUALITY OR FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
- THAT THE FUNCTIONAL ELEMENTS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE,
- THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED,
- THAT OUR SITES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND
- THAT SUCCESSFUL RESULTS OR OUTCOMES WILL RESULT FROM PROPERLY FOLLOWING ANY INSTRUCTIONS, OR DIRECTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, YOU (AND NOT RACO MANUFACTURING & ENGINEERING CO., INC.) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
EXCEPTION: IN CERTAIN STATES, THE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW US TO DISCLAIM OR EXCLUDE WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We sometimes provide access to other World Wide Web sites from our sites. We don't endorse or approve any products or information offered at sites you reach through our site. Check the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address provided in your WWW browser to see if you are still in a RACO Manufacturing & Engineering Co., Inc. operated site or have moved to another site.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials in our site are presented to provide information about RACO Manufacturing & Engineering Co., Inc. and its products.
RACO Manufacturing & Engineering Co., Inc. controls and operates its sites from the company's headquarters in Emeryville, CA in the United States of America. We in no way imply that the materials on the site are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you use our site from locations outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
Some software from our site may be subject to export controls imposed by the United States and may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported to:
- (a) (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the United States has placed an embargo (as of today, these include Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Syria, and Yugoslavia); or
- (b) anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals List or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders.
If you download or use the software, you are, in effect, confirming to us that you are not located in, are not under the control of, and are not a national or resident of any such country, and that you are not on any such list.
RACO is in compliance with the Internet Advertising Bureau's (IAB) privacy guidelines. RACO uses two different methods of collecting information from users of its web site. For users who wish to receive more detailed information on RACO's products and services, a detailed request information form is included on the site. The data gathered from this form will be used to determine what information is sent to the user and to determine if the user is a "qualified" RACO prospect. The user then may receive a package of literature via US mail and subsequent mailings based on various marketing initiatives and the user may receive email messages from RACO and a telemarketing/sale telephone follow-up call.
The second manner of information collection is with regard to RACO's newsletter program. Users will be given the opportunity to opt-in to RACO's email newsletter program. These users will be asked basic questions about their interest and then will be sent related product and service updates and a newsletter via email. In both cases, the user information collected will remain with RACO and its agents and will not be sold or submitted or otherwise distributed to any Third Party. If a user does not wish to receive any of the above contacts by RACO or its agents, then user should not fill out and submit the RACO request information form or the newsletter response form.
In some cases, RACO will use the information gathered in either of the two response forms in conjunction with data that has already been collected by RACO to update existing database information.
While it is not anticipated, RACO will notify users if they intend to use their personal information for purposes other than what it was originally intended and will provide the user with an easy option to notify RACO that they do not wish to be part of that program.
TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT
This agreement is effective until terminated by either party.
You may terminate this agreement at any time, by destroying all materials obtained from any RACO Manufacturing & Engineering Co., Inc. site, along with all related documentation and all copies and installations.
RACO Manufacturing & Engineering Co., Inc. may terminate this agreement at any time and without notice to you if, in its sole judgment, you breach any term or condition of this agreement. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials.
In addition, by providing material(s) on our web site, we do not in any way promise that the materials will remain available to you. RACO Manufacturing & Engineering Co., Inc. is entitled to terminate all or part of any of its web site at any time, without notice to you.
MISCELLANEOUS POINTS ABOUT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS USER AGREEMENT
These Terms and Conditions, and the agreement they create, shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the State of California (without applying the state's conflict-of-law principles).
If any provision of this agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
RACO Manufacturing & Engineering Co., Inc. may modify these Terms and Conditions, and the agreement they create, at any time, simply by updating this posting and without notice to you.
This is the entire agreement regarding all the matters that have been discussed in the preceding paragraphs.